Four Generations

Four Generations
Loretta, Don, Vicki with Andy, Grace and Clarence Hilb

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Patricia Shubnell

Logic: With Patricia being murdered via a gun there had to be police involvement, media involvement and medical records. What was going to be the easiest and quickest to get? Media - newspaper stories.

Research:  So contact the local Ottawa paper? No they couldn't help. Contact the Chicago Tribune? No nothing there I could find. Hm.

Resources: Ottawa Illinois is in LaSalle county.  There is a local genealogical society website. They can more then likely help and/or direct me where to start my search. http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~illasall/

I made contact with them and explained I would not be able to travel to the area for awhile.  I was more then willing to reimburse expenses and time if someone could help me find the articles. What a wonderful group of people. They not only found the articles and sent them to me, they helped fill in several holes in the family tree.

Tip #4: Use all your available resources.  Genealogy Societies, Historical Societies and Special Library Sections have very knowledgeable people about the area and history and are great help. Always offer to pay for the services.

Oh, i bet your looking for the results from the newspaper articles.  Okay, but your gonna have to come back for more information...

No comments:

Post a Comment